Tuesday 8 March 2011

Phil Collins announces he is quitting music, reveals darker side


Music legend Phil Collins has announced his retirement from music.
The 60-year old former front man of the seminal ‘70s rock band Genesis tells FHM that it is “a good time to stop,” morosely noting, “I don’t think that anyone’s going to miss me.”
The downtrodden drummer, who has sold over 150 million records, doesn’t think that there’s a place for him in the modern music scene. "I look at the MTV Music Awards and I think: 'I can't be in the same business as this'," explains Collins. "I don't really belong to that world and I don't think anyone's going to miss me. I'm much happier just to write myself out of the script entirely.”
Collins also believes that fans have grown “sick” of him after decades of constant airplay of hits like “Sussuido” and “One More Night.”
"It's hardly surprising that people grew to hate me,” says Collins. “I'm sorry that it was all so successful. I honestly didn't mean it to happen like that."
Collins added that the heavy rotation of his seven #1 singles made people “want to strangle” him.
The singer, who has suffered from a series of medical maladies including hearing loss, a dislocated vertebra and nerve damage, has even contemplated suicide.
"I wouldn't blow my head off," he told Rolling Stone last year. "I'd overdose or do something that didn't hurt.”
Collins’s nerve damage prevents him from playing the drums. Instead, he spends time with his two young sons, Nicholas and Matthew. "I'm not worried about not being able to play the drums again, I'm more worried about being able to cut a loaf of bread safely or building things for my kids."
Doctors have given Collins a year to recover, but the star has made peace with fading away from the limelight.
"I'll go on a mysterious biking holiday and never return. That would be a great way to end the story, wouldn't it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |

Sponsor Links

Click Here!SatelliteDirect - Highest Converting Tv to PC Product
Best Deal Ever
www.satellitedirect.com

Click Here!Stream Direct Tv - Best Converting - Re-Bill Site is Hot!!
www.livestreamdirect.com

Click Here!Stream Online Movies - Top Tv Product
tream-online-movie.com/span>